Information for Patients
Information for Referrers
No-Gap for Procedures
Dr Michael Miu
Pain Procedure Videos
- 3.24 million Australians lived with chronic pain in 2018.
- 44.6% also live with depression and anxiety
- 20% of all GP presentations in Australia involve chronic pain
- There are only ~500 pain medicine specialists practising in Australia and they are unable to meet the needs of 20% of the population
- Patients face long waiting times to access specialist care to manage pain.
- Approximately 9.5 million Australians (40%) had a long-term condition in 2015 with arthritis and back pain being the most common
- Between 50-80% of people with pain are under-treated